- System support is provided by authorized personnel of the Provider (hereinafter Authorized Person) by phone or through the help desk system, available at https://helpdesk.eway-crm.com.
- System support shall be construed as meaning the following list of services:
- solutions to reported incidents to the extent and under the conditions specified herein. The incident is a specific problem that may be simulated or repeated.
- providing newly released versions of eWay-CRM (hereinafter referred to as Upgrade)
- providing newly issued hotfixes of eWay-CRM (hereinafter referred to as Update).
- If the Provider must remotely access any of the Client’s devices to resolve an incident, the Client agrees that: (a) Client shall permit Provider to remote access such devices; (b) such devices shall be running operating systems and applications supported by their manufacturer(s); and (c) such devices shall maintain a broadband internet connection. If the Client is unable to satisfy the requirements in this paragraph, then the Provider will charge (and the Client will pay) for the extra time required to resolve the incident in such substandard conditions. The Provider can even reject resolving the incident (while still asking to be paid for the extra time already spent).
- In connection with the fulfillment of obligations arising from this contract, there may be cases where the Provider will need access to Client data stored in eWay-CRM server databases. To help solve the incident, this data may be synchronized to the Client eWay-CRM application on the computer of an Authorized Person. The Client hereby approves of the abovementioned procedure with the fact that the Provider shall maintain absolute confidentiality about the Client’s data.
- If the eWay-CRM server resides on the Client’s servers, the Client is responsible for creating backups of the databases before reporting the incident. Further, the Client shall be responsible for providing a backup copy of Client’s data to the Provider.
- If the eWay-CRM server component resides on the servers of the Provider’s hosting partner, the data recovery plan is the Provider’s responsibility.
- System support shall be provided for the newest version of the eWay-CRM. If the problem has been solved in a newer version of eWay-CRM, the Provider shall install this version for the Client before providing system support.
- System support shall be provided in English or Czech.
Solving Reported Incidents
- Incidents may be reported in the following ways:
- By email sent to [email protected]
- Through the help desk which is available at https://helpdesk.eway-crm.com.
- For eWay-CRM Enterprise: By phone on business days from 9:00 AM – 05:00 PM CST on the number listed on the Provider’s website.
- A separate ticket shall be created at the help desk for each incident.
- When reporting an incident, the Client will select one of the types listed in the following table which may be changed from time to time by the Provider.
|Description of Incident
|The system behaves differently from the documentation available at https://kb.eway-crm.com.
|The Client requests adjustment to eWay-CRM.
|The Client requests assistance with answering a question about the eWay-CRM functionality.
- The Client shall determine the severity of the incident according to the rules in the following table which may be changed from time to time by the Provider.
|Description of Incident
|A – Highest
|Malfunction of the system in more than one PC.
|B – High
|Unusual, critical issues (e.g. system crashes, the threat of data loss or data loss) or malfunction of the Software in one PC.
|C – Medium
|Improper functioning of features that do not affect the overall functionality of the system or interfere with the business of the Client.
|Occasional error messages or “cosmetic defects”
- In the interest of discovering the cause and resolving an issue, the Client is required to give as much information as possible when reporting an incident. The following information is of particular importance:
- A detailed description of how to proceed to simulate the error.
- The version of the Client’s eWay-CRM component in which the problem occurred.
- Detail of the error message or eWay-CRM log.
- A screenshot of the problem.
- Filing the incident at the system help desk notifies the Provider of the issue and informs the Client that it was reported correctly.
- The notification message for the Client contains an incident identifier and a link to the help desk, where the resolution process can be monitored.
- The table above also shows the length of time in which the Provider is required to respond after an incident is reported. The response shall not be construed to mean the automatic response sent after an incident is reported, but a message for the Client from an Authorized Person through the help desk system. An hour shall mean a business hour (from 9:00 AM – 05:00 PM CST). The response shall be sent to the Client via e-mail to the address reported while filing the incident at the help desk. For each incident, addresses to which e-mails from the help desk are being sent will be visible. The Client may choose which e-mail address he would like to use.
- The response will contain the cause of the error or a request to specify the incident in greater detail. In the case that the cause of the error is listed, an explanation will accompany it describing when the error will be resolved or when the Provider will contact the Client again about the incident.
- The Provider shall follow the subsequent procedure according to the type or severity of the incident:
- In the event the incident is an Error, the Provider will investigate the causes of the incident and attempt to resolve them. Such time will not be charged to the Client provided that the Client has contracted to receive and paid for System Support.
- In the case of another type of incident, the Provider will estimate the time required to resolve it. This estimate is then sent through the help desk to the Client for approval. As soon as approval is received, the Provider will attempt to resolve the incident. The Provider will charge the Client for the lesser of: (a) time spent on the incident, or (b) 125% of the agreed scope.
- The Provider shall adequately attempt to resolve the incident, repairing, testing or issuing a new version if needed. This process may take some time depending on the current state of the upcoming version. The Provider reserves the right to decide if the correction will be incorporated into the new version or appear in a subsequent one.
- Furthermore, the Provider is not able to guarantee that an issue will be resolved under all circumstances. The issue shall be considered resolved if the Client receives one of the following:
- Information that resolves the incident
- Information concerning software that will resolve the situation
- Information that the incident was brought about by a known, but previously unresolved cause and that it will be corrected in an upcoming version of eWay-CRM
- Information that the issue has been resolved in a newer version of eWay-CRM
- Information that the issue has been caused by a hardware problem
- The issue shall also be concluded if the Client does not respond to it within 15 days of the last response of an Authorized Person of the Provider.
Performing an Upgrade or Update
- The Provider is always developing and improving eWay-CRM and regularly releases new versions. These versions contain new functions and/or bug fixes.
- The Provider makes new versions available to the Client as part of System Support.
- The Client is responsible for the installation of the new versions.
- If the eWay-CRM’s server component is installed on the servers of the Provider’s hosting partner, the Provide can update eWay-CRM to the newest version.