For those who prefer written guide
The Import from Microsoft Excel option might be a very useful feature especially if you need to migrate from another CRM or if you have purchased a contact list and now you want to move these contacts to eWay-CRM and track communication with them. If you want to import contacts from Microsoft Excel file, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Contacts tab on the eWay-CRM ribbon. Customize the eWay-CRM view so it contains all the fields you want to import. You can use the column chooser feature to add additional columns.
- Right click on any contact and select Import Data > Save Template for Import.
- Open the saved Excel file and fill it in with your data. Save the Excel file and close it.
- On the eWay-CRM ribbon, click on the button Import From Excel and select Excel file for import.
- You will see table where you can pair Excel columns with eWay-CRM columns. You specify what columns will be imported to where in eWay-CRM. If names of columns in Excel and eWay-CRM are same, eWay-CRM recognizes it and pair them automatically.
- To correct pairing, click on the value in the eWay-CRM column and select the column to what excel column will be imported.
- If there are some errors during import, you will see the error dialog, where you can fix all these error or skip them. If you click magnifying glass in the Excel Value column, you will see the whole row where the error is.
- If everything is correct, just click Import.