If you want to make sure that you and your coworkers don’t forget to fill in important values (e.g. estimated revenue or close date) and your reports are complete, eWay-CRM is able to control whether a field has a value when you are trying to move a deal or project further.
For example, if a deal has a Qualification status and you try to save it as Proposal without putting in a value in the Est.Revenue field, eWay-CRM won’t allow you to save the status and will mark the field in red.
To set up such a rule, follow the instructions below.
- Press SHIFT and click Administration Center on the eWay-CRM ribbon to go to old administration settings.
- Select Module Settings > Workflow Diagrams> Deal – Opportunity (or Project). You will see the workflows on the right side under two columns – Parent Status and Child Status.
- For example, you want to set the field “Est. Revenue” as mandatory when you move a deal from Qualification to Proposal. Double click on the row Qualification–Proposal and in the opened window click Next.
- Select Actions Before and click Add Action.
- Select Database Field Is Not Empty and click Next.
- Type in the word “Price“ into the Database Field.
- Clicking the Next and Finish buttons will finish the wizard.
- Wait 30 seconds for automatic synchronization or synchronize changes manually. To do that, right-click on the eWay-CRM agent in the system tray and select Synchronize.
Note: You can make any field mandatory. To find out the right name of a field as it’s used in the SQL database, click on it on the item card and press Left Alt+F1.
If you need assistance with customization or want us to do it for you, contact us at [email protected]