You can use categories to divide items (contacts, deals, projects, etc.) into groups (e.g. industries, territories).
The easiest way to create a category is to click on Add New on an item card (Deal, Contact, Project) and select Category.
If you want to avoid duplicates in the future or you don’t want other users created their own categories, you may create categories in Administration Settings in advance.
- Click Administration Settings on the eWay-CRM ribbon.
- Click Groups under the Users and Permissions tab.
- Click New.
- Specify a Group Name, check Is Category box and click OK.
- Wait for 30 sec for automatic synchronization or synchronize changes manually. To do that, right-click on the eWay-CRM agent in the system tray and select Synchronize.
Now you can assign the category to a particular item (contact, deal, project, etc.).
- Click on any module to open the list of items.
- Right-click on item(s) and select Categories.
Alternatively, you can open an item, click Link to Existing and select Category.
Now, you can add a column Categories to a list view of deals, contacts, projects, etc. and filter or group items by categories. Learn more about creating custom list views here. See examples below:
Do you have questions? Our consultants have answers.
Do not hesitate to contact us.