By default, all users can see and change values in all fields. You can change permissions and visibility of certain fields depending on users’ roles and modules.
- Click Administration Center on the eWay-CRM ribbon in Outlook. Alternatively, when you are using eWay-CRM Online, click the eWay-CRM icon in the email body and click Admin Center.
- Click Groups.
- Click on the pencil icon for the System group to hide a field from all users or select a specific group you want to hide this field from.
- Click the Field Permissions tab.
- Select a module. The list of all fields available for this module will appear. Select the permission level from the drop-down menu.
- Users hold full control over this field: users can change the values of this field.
- Users hold full control over fields of their items: users can change values only for items they own. Values of other items are not visible for them.
- Users see this field but they can’t edit values: users can see the values in this field, but can’t change them.
- Users don’t see this column: Users are not enabled to see values in this column but they can work with this column. For example, you will use this permission if your employees must work with some columns, but they shouldn’t see their real values.
- Users don’t see this column nor can work with it: users cannot see the values in this field and they cannot change them.
Follow steps 1-3 described above and select the type of fields right in the permissions tab.
Required: users have to put value into this field. If the field is empty, the item cannot be saved. The field will be red in the item window.
Optional: users can leave this field empty, but the system will ask them whether they want to leave it empty before saving. The field will be yellow in the item window.
Wait for 30 sec for automatic synchronization or synchronize changes manually. To do that, right-click on the eWay-CRM agent in the system tray and select Synchronize.