Workflow represents a set of steps everybody needs to follow in order to close a sales opportunity or finish a project. It corresponds to a company’s standard internal processes and allows users to automate them to ensure that everyone follows the same steps. Workflow can automatically generate tasks, send email notifications, check for mandatory fields or make sure all proper documents are attached. In eWay-CRM, you can set up your own workflows in Deals, Projects, Documents, Marketing Campaigns, Bookkeeping Records, Time Sheets, Leaves and Bonuses.
The workflow panel is displayed at the top of a dialog box.
The different colors give different meaning to individual statuses:
|Blue background: the current status of the item.|
|Green background: available statuses you can click on.|
|Grey background: not active.|
|White background: the new status you clicked on before saving.|
eWay-CRM comes with some predefined workflows, but you may want to adjust a workflow to your own needs. To do that, go to the Administration Settings in the eWay-CRM ribbon.
- Click Workflow Diagrams > Deal – Opportunity.
- Click Modify List of Statuses in the top left corner of the window.
- In the new window change a name (names) of a status (statuses) in the column “en” (which stands for English) and click Finish.
- Or, if you need fewer statuses and want to hide an unnecessary status (statuses), you can define which statuses are visible in the column Visible.
- Go to the Modify List of Statuses window as described above, and type the name of a new status in the FileAs Then press TAB or the down arrow button on your keyboard.
- You can move the status up and down using buttons on the left side of the item window. Click Finish.
- Now, you need to link the new status with other statuses in the workflow. Click the Create New Flow button in the top left corner.
- A new window will appear with two fields: a parent status (a status you are moving from) and a child status (status you are moving to). You will find the new status in the second field as a child status.
- You need to link the new status with each parent status from the 1st field. To do that, click Next and Next on the next step.
Select the group of users that will be able to change statuses or click Check All to enable it for all users. Then, click Next, Next on the next step and Finish.
- Now, click the Create New Flow button again, select the next parent status in the list and go through the wizard again. Do the same for each parent status.
The new status will also act as a parent status for other statuses. Link it with each child status you see in the drop-down menu.
- Wait for 30 seconds for automatic synchronization or synchronize changes manually. To do that, right-click on the eWay-CRM agent in the system tray and select Synchronize.
- Now, if you open a deal, you will see the new status in the workflow.
Do you have questions? Our consultants have answers.
Do not hesitate to contact us.