eWay-CRM is closely integrated with the Task module in Microsoft Outlook. You may want to:
- create tasks right in eWay-CRM while you are working with a contact, or
- create tasks in Outlook first and link them to items in eWay-CRM.
In both cases, as a result, tasks will appear in the tasks list in Outlook.
Creating Tasks in eWay-CRM
- Open a Contact.
- Click Add relation with a new item and choose New task.
- A task window will pop up with the predefined Subject: Contact name.
The Superior item will be also predefined.
- Specify Start date, Due date, Status, Priority. Set up the Reminder if needed.
- You may want to assign the task to another person by clicking the corresponding button in the ribbon. Learn more about this functionality here. Click Save & Close.
Creating Tasks in Outlook
- In Outlook, go to the Tasks module (at the bottom part of the side menu).
- Click the New Task button to create a new task. It will open the Task window.
- Fill in all the necessary fields—Subject, Start and Due Date, etc. and specify a Superior item (contact, company, lead, project or marketing campaign). In case you leave the field empty the task will not be saved to eWay-CRM and will stay in Microsoft Outlook only.
- Click Save & Close.