|« Previous Chapter||Next Chapter »|
Step 1: Track Business Opportunities
Creating a new deal is similar to creating a new contact. We have already learned that yesterday. Imagine that you have received a promising email asking for more information or a call.
- Right-click the email in your mailbox and select Convert to Deal in the context menu.
- A new deal card will be created with pre-filled data from the email. The email will be attached to the new deal automatically.
- Correct or fill in missing fields and click Save.
Step 2: Schedule Meeting
You’ve agreed on a meeting or a conference call. Let’s set it up in your calendar.
- Click Add New and choose Calendar.
- A new calendar event will pop up with some fields prefilled: Subject, Location, and Notes.
- To invite other people to the event, use the button Invite Attendees in the top part of the window. Just make sure that the note does not contain anything you’d like to keep under your roof.
- Save or Send the meeting. As a result, the event will appear both in your Outlook Calendar and under the Calendar tab on the deal.
Step 3: Keep Notes From Your Meetings Organized
Yesterday, you learned how to create a new journal and take notes after a phone call. You can do the same during your meetings. If you want to learn something new today, follow these steps.
- During the meeting or after it, you can right-click on the event in your Outlook calendar and convert it to Journal.
- A journal item will appear. Superior Item will contain the deal. Start Time and End Time will be filled with the calendar start/end. Use the large Note field to type down your notes. Do not forget to choose Meeting in the Type.
- Save and close.
Step 4: Send Proposal by Email
When a customer is ready, it is time for a proposal. Let’s use our bookkeeping module to generate it.
- Click Add New and choose Bookkeeping Record.
- Pick a Subject, select the type Issued Proposal. Click Active.
- Add products/services into the bookkeeping record. You can search them by fields Product ID or Product. You can change the Quantity, Unit Price or apply a Discount. As soon as the proposal is made, save it.
- Click Export to Word > Proposal. A Microsoft Word template will open with predefined data.
- Click File > Share > Email > Send as PDF. A new email will pop up with your quote attached as PDF. Send the email.
- If you go back to the deal page, you will find your bookkeeping record in the HUB or under the tab Bookkeeping. Note, that the deal price changed according to the active proposal.
- Click on the status Proposal and Save and Close the deal. It will change its status.
Step 5: Seal the Deal
Success! Your proposal was accepted and the deal is closed. Let’s convert it into a project and launch the workflow.
- Open the deal.
- Click on Closed Won status in the workflow tab.
- A new window will pop-up. Check all appropriate boxes and hit Yes.
- The contact and company will be created in eWay-CRM that will includes previous communications. The deal itself will stay in eWay-CRM with the status “Closed Won.“