Step 1: Create a Project
You will never get lost in projects as long as you keep them in eWay-CRM. Set the project up, choose your team and plan a budget.
- Click New > Project in the eWay-CRM ribbon.
- Fill in all the necessary information. We strongly recommend entering Customer, Contact Person, Name, and Estimated End.
- Save the record.
- If you want to add other team members to the project team, click Edit Team.
- Choose your colleagues and click Next.
- In the following screen, you can assign their roles. You don’t need to mark everyone. Just make sure you chose a Project Manager – the one who is responsible for the job. Confirm by OK.
Step 2: Plan Human Resources
To make sure that your team has enough capacity for the project, check your team members’ availability and plan accordingly.
- Go back to the list of projects. In the eWay-CRM ribbon, click Resource Plan.
- You will see a list of your projects along with the team members assigned to each of them. You will also find a list of calendar weeks in the following columns.
- Click into each cell and type down how many hours you’d like to allocate each team member to the specific project in the selected week. Don’t worry when values change to red. It means that the person is overloaded. In the next tutorial, you will learn, how to add the employees’ availability.
- You can copy-paste the values to speed up the process.
Step 3: Create and Assign Tasks
Use tasks to establish deadlines and keep your projects up to date. You can review all the tasks assigned to a particular project at any time in both eWay-CRM and Microsoft Outlook TODO list.
- Click Add New and choose Task.
- If you want to assign a task to somebody else, click the Solver field and select new user. Save the task.