If you’re a dedicated business professional, then there’s no doubt you’ve already turned the toggle and activated the New Microsoft Outlook. But what’s next? How does the New Outlook differ from the Classic one? And how can it improve the way you manage your daily tasks? Here’s your guide to becoming familiar with the New Outlook UI and utilizing its features to maximize day-to-day efficiency.
Table of contents:
Opening the New Microsoft Outlook
If you updated to Windows 11, you can enjoy the New Microsoft Outlook already.
And if you still use Windows 10, don't worry, you can use it, too.
Here are 3 ways you can access the New Outlook interface even with the old version of the software. Let's have a look at it:
- Type Microsoft Outlook into your device’s search bar. The search result will show you your Classic Outlook as well as the New Microsoft Outlook option. Open the new version if possible.
- If the new version (see the picture above) is not available on your device, open the old version of Outlook and look for the toggle at the top right of your screen. It says Try the New Outlook.
Once you tap on the toggle, the system will automatically generate a dialog box. In it, you can confirm the shift from the old version to the new one. Click on the Switch button to enable the New Outlook takeover on your account.
- The third and oldest trick to update to the New Outlook is to simply download it. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the app. Then hit the Install button and start working.
Understanding The New Outlook Interface
Navigating your way around a new neighborhood can feel challenging at first. And can cause frustration. Similarly, the New Outlook layout can make you feel lost and uncomfortable.
To avoid annoyance on the learning journey, here’s a simple guide that will help you understand the New Outlook interface.
- You can see your e-mail box on the left. Click on your e-mail address name to unveil options like the Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk Email, etc.
- You can see that Ribbon underwent a major change. It is more condensed now. If you want all the options to be visible, click on the drop-down icon on the left of the already existing ribbon and select Classic ribbon.
- Let's suppose you’re making plans in your calendar. Or going through your drive and need to get into your Inbox Regardless of where you are in Microsoft Outlook, you can easily open the Inbox through the Mail icon at the top of the left column on your screen. Every step in the new version of the app will be faster thanks to its elaborated options.
- Now that we’re discussing the left column, let’s have a look at all the functions it offers. Below Mail, you can see the Calendar If you click on it, it will guide you to your Microsoft calendar. Again, quick access is the priority here.
- The People and Groups icons enable you to find, add, or delete people from your contact list. Also, it allows users to create virtual groups and get in touch with others quickly.
Why is the Groups function so useful? Because thanks to it you can stay in touch with all the members of your team with only one e-mail. In other words, it will help you to save time. Imagine this situation, you check the results of the latest marketing campaign
and need to know the revenue for the year. Then, you want to share it with other shareholders. Thanks to the Groups function, there is no need to send separate e-mails to each person. You can create a group and stay in touch with entire departments via just one message.
- Below Groups, you’ll find the To-do To-do will guide you to a web page where you can create to-do lists. This way, you'll stay organized. And will not miss a single deadline ever again.
- Then, there’s the OneDrive Thanks to it you can access all your downloaded files as well as files you’ve shared or received from your team members or clients.
- Lastly, see the More Apps That allows you to easily and quickly open other Microsoft Apps integrated with the New Microsoft Outlook.
How to Customize the Look of the New Outlook
Thanks to customizing your New Outlook account, you'll improve the streamline of your workflow. And increase your efficiency.
For instance, you can highlight the accounts you interact with the most to minimize the time spent on searching e-mails.
You can also alter the color scheme and font size. All of these will help you to maintain focus and enhance your productivity.
Here’s how to customize New Outlook:
- Go to the View tab and click on View Settings. Here you see a catalog of options such as creating a Focused Inbox, changing the text size and spacing, message options (e.g. the number of rows each message should have), and more.
- If you select the General option (which you can find on the left), you’ll be able to pick from dark and light modes and themes of the app.
Working with New Microsoft Outlook for the first time could be compared to the experience of exploring a new neighborhood.
The first steps might be a bit doubtful. But after a few moments, you fall in love with everything around you.
New Microsoft Outlook is simple to use. And provides you with more freedom. Also, it will help you to be more productive and organized.
Step in the future of communication and planning. Benefit from this innovation.
And enjoy everything this upgraded version of Outlook offers.